Just saying, It’s all okay
I go on my tumblr to see what others are thinking. I am thankful to those who are fun, in-love, thoughtful, have something interesting to say. It feels like I learned something about someone out there, it makes me appreciate people some more and the thoughts they have.
BUT THEN, there are those who complain… about everything… about how “it’s” not fair, sexism, racism, all those isms… I mean yeah you’re right… but don’t complain, do something, have an input, share some ideas… It isn’t like everyone in the world is like that.. it’s the few LOUD people, the majority of the people that I know at least, aren’t that closed minded, they are thoughtful individuals who joke around to be cynical and care if it goes to far, you know what I mean?
I’m on my way to needing one though D=
(Source: elafant, via ifthemoonfelldowntonightt)
This ad accurately summarizes why PETA is the antichrist.
1) There is never a reason to sexualize and objectify a woman in an ad. If your cause is worthy, you don’t need sexism.
2) Not only is the woman sexualized, she’s been the victim of violence, which could make this ad triggering to any woman who has been abused.
This is disgusting. The fact that PETA ends up representing the vegan cause makes me want to punch a wall.
This ad could be the exact same but be of a man instead of a women, and then would you say that the man is sexualized in objectified? Would you be concerned for all the men in the world that have been abused/beaten?
I am constantly debating whether I should unfollow you or not because, although you mean well, you pick at every single thing in the world that you think doesn’t measure up. Complaining about something doesn’t change anything. And if you complain enough, you will eventually lose all your voice (metaphorically, of course).
2. Just because a woman is partially or fully naked doesn’t mean it’s about sex.
- Pertaining to the ad: animals don’t wear clothes, so it would look stupid if they did the ad with clothes on her. Moreover, it wouldn’t get the point across.
- Pertaining to life: people like you who associate nudity with sex frustrate me. You want to complain about everyone sexualizing women, but you enable it by associating all nudity with sex. Do you expect us women to dress like nuns, or do you want us to dress freely, with as little or as much clothing as we like? Because you can’t have both of those, and as of right now, you contradict yourself with your ideas.
P.S. The offense of this ad, the objectification, etc., is the entire point of the ad. This is what happens to animals, and the same reason why you are upset about the treatment of the female in the ad is the same reason why people go vegan.
^ I could not have said it better. Im tired of hearing crap like that associated with just about everything.
(Source: pirhah, via invokethemuses)